Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Blogger in Vending Machine Scandal

So there was I thinking that i'd have a wee snack with my afternoon
cup of tea. The vending machine in the office was the obvious
convenient destination.

The usual item of choice is the Crunch Crisp - except it's made by
Nestle. OK how about a KitKat - goes great with a cup of tea....err
made by Nestle.

So a Snickers it was.....

But then I thought: who controls the vending machine? Upon closer
inspection: "Totalvend, a Division of Smith's". I knew that Smith's
was owned by Pepsico, a sure bet for a red flag on the Ethical
Consumer Guide. And yes, it is. For all manner of reasons.

As for the Snickers? Made by Mars. More red flags than at a Man Utd
match. It remains unopened on my desk. I'm going to offload it to a
colleague. Fact still remains I have purchased unethically. But at
least I am unformed and know for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment