Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Unchain my thoughts, set me free....

It can be hard to change your thought process about what you need to do/buy in a day when you are trying to live an unchained life. Last night I was trying out my new sewing machine for the first time, and had to drag our big kitchen table over to a different wall in order to access the plug socket. Stu said to me 'why don't you pop to Bunnings tomorrow to pick up an extension lead'. We both had to pause for a moment to work out why this just didn't seem right...

The weather has turned colder now in Brisbane, and we don't have much in the way of cover up clothing for the baby, so I caught myself thinking 'I'll just pop to K-Mart to get her some more pyjamas'. Another no-no. Now this one IS going to be tough - I don't want to be going to exclusive baby boutiques to buy jamas for a 4 month old, but I can't think of anywhere cheap and cheerful that isn't a chain. Hmmmm...

At some point also I need to shop for groceries. I took the little one for her jabs this morning and she has been a bit sad ever since, so I didn't have the heart today, but we're running out of excuses. Oh, and food.

No comments:

Post a Comment